Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad Timing for Throw Up

Why is it that kids will yak at the wrong time every - single - time? I had stopped at Tractor Supply Company this morning, on our way to my three year old's speech therapy, and my three year old yaks in the car in the TSC parking lot as I am buckling her back into her car seat. Purple grape juice across her lap, on her car seat, and up my arm since I'd been reaching across her at the time with the seat belt. I call her speech therapist to cancel her appointment (can't very well bring her in with grape vomit down the front of her), which makes my darling toddler MAD. Angry toddlers are such a joy to have when you are stuck in a small space like a car with them. She wants to go to speech because the women who work the receptionist desk always give her stickers and suckers (and chocolate and money, lol) after her appointments because they think she's too adorable not to. So, for the ten minute ride home, I have a three year old ticked off at me in the backseat - huge frown with the occasional ticked off comment, "I wanna go to speech to see Hannah Montana" before she'd go back to sulking. (Hannah Montana is actually her new speech therapist's name - well, Hannah, not the "Montana" part.)

Being able to stay home with my kids so I can do all of these things with them and for them myself is what I want, but sometimes, I'd like to outsource the "vomiting, ticked off toddler" parts.

The quality of the pic isn't that great since it was from my cell phone, but maybe this sour puss shouldn't have that mad little face too well defined anyway. She doesn't get mad at me often, but she was this morning.


0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP