Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Amy Winehouse - big yip.

Apparently, it's not emphysema. It's only the early signs of what could lead to emphysema if she doesn't stop inhaling toxins. Since this 24 year old girl (Amy Winehouse) has been intent on destroying herself so far, I have little faith she'll stop. I have little patience for it...ok, I have no patience for it.

I do wish she'd stop going to whatever hairdresser she is using. It looks like a ball of yarn on top of her head.

< - - - Come on!! No, I don't like her. I never have. She's better known for her drug use than her music at this stage and that's a bit sad. What a waste. My grandfather died of emphysema. I have asthma and I am only alive right now because of the Advair inhaler the doctors gave me after the last bad asthma attack had me within an inch of meeting the reaper. Messing with your lungs is just plain stupid! Why anybody would knowingly damage their lungs with cigarettes and other drugs and destroy themselves, and those around them unlucky enough to breathe in second hand smoke (and the kids who have no choice when their parents smoke around them I feel sorry for), is beyond me. Maybe I have a different view because I was a kid who breathed second hand smoke as a child and now I am an adult who is still alive because of a medication that keeps my airways from closing up on me fatally.

Amy Winehouse gets the publicity because she is a celebrity. There are tons of "regular" people who don't get the attention but whose lives mean something to somebody somewhere too. I'd rather hear about something meaningful a regular person does as opposed to something stupid a celebrity does.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP