Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Mortality

I was laying in bed last night and my mortality finally hit me. I have a child going into middle school now. I'm not a young'n anymore. I am going to have to face the fact that I won't be around forever now because "forever" when I was a kid just isn't that far away for me anymore. I still remember when I was a kid and I thought my parents were old. Now, I am the age my parents were when I was thinking they were ancient! Do my kids look at me and think, "she's old" now? I'm not saying to take the adult diaper out for me yet...I may have some gray strands in my hair (more than I should, lol), but I can still beat my kids at volleyball. Eventually though, that's going to hurt, and I'm not going to be able to jump around, fall flat on my back, laugh about it, and get back up again without a lot of help...and perhaps a hip replacement.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP