Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Choosing the Perfect Baby Name

Choosing our children's name was a process. I didn't want to just pick the ones that "I" wanted and disregard my husband's wishes...he did help create the kids after all. I like different names and my husband likes traditional names. Obviously, that creates a dilemma as it puts us at opposite ends (as usual). Just like the rest of our relationship, we found a way to make it work to come up with cute baby names we both liked. We both came up with names we liked and we disregarded any of them the other didn't agree with until we found "the one" we both liked. This worked for three out of four kids. By the fourth child, we were all "agreed" out so I picked her first name and dad picked the middle name. It still worked.

At babyzone.com, you can find out the meaning of the baby names you like. You can also search by gender, first letter of name and origin. I looked up our fourth child's name (the one hubby and I compromised on). Trinity means "three beings in one." It had two meanings for me when I chose it. First, she is the third of our three girls together. Second, is the triple goddess.

There is also information for the preconception period, pregnancy, baby, toddler, mom, shopping, community message boards and chat for support. Let's face it, sometimes moms don't know all the answers themselves without looking up a bit of help and the support alone is priceless.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  June 27, 2008 at 3:06 AM  

When we chose our kids names we argue all the time. At the end we picked my father name as a middle name, and her father name as a first name.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP