Sunday, July 20, 2008

John Kanzius and his Kanzius Machine for Cancer

John Kanzius has non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. He is also an American inventor (among other things - radio and TV engineer, ham radio operator, station owner). He has invented something that may treat cancer in the future using his radio frequency transmitter (being referred to as Kanzius Machine). He built it himself in his home.

The details are technical so I will give you a link here. In short, it is hoped to destroy cancer cells without damaging healthy cells. Preliminary research has been promising with a 100% success rate on rabbits causing them no harm in the process.

Some individuals with cancer of the blood have allowed samples of their blood be sent to a lab to see if this device works on their samples. Human trials aren't supposed to start for another 18 months.

It sounds promising.

Why am I hoping the pharmaceutical companies don't put a stop to it somehow? I don't know anything specifically about them but I don't trust them not to try to stop something that will help cure a disease that they make a lot of money off of. It's in trials on human blood by samples so hopefully there is nothing they can mess up at this point. I might be overly suspicious but pharmaceutical companies and government aren't big on my "trust" list right now. Call me cynical. Call me pessimistic.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP