Monday, July 21, 2008

Give Up Medicine for Blogging?

I am not sure I could be like Arnold Kim, who gave up a career as a doctor to blog full-time. For eight years, he's dedicated a lot of time to his blog, Macrumors.com. His blog is all about facts, gossip and rumors about Apple which now boasts 4.4 million people and 40 million page views a month. A MONTH! Wow! The NY Times thought it fantastic enough to write about it.

I've seen rumors online that his blog is worth $85 million. I'd like a blog worth a few thousand.

He has another web site, Touch Arcade, for iPhone and iPod gamers. This one will be of interest to me as I recently won my choice of an iPhone or iPod which I am excited about.

He made six figures as a doctor. He makes six figures as a blogger. That's impressive and something most bloggers can only dream about.

I am not sure I could give up a career as a doctor, especially after years of schooling, to blog full-time. I have a hard time relating to that aspect. What this mommy blogger CAN relate to is one of his reasons for doing so - his daughter. It is my reason for leaving a successful career outside the home behind almost nine years ago.

So, I can hope one day to become more successful at blogging for a steady family income. Something that takes us out of this too small house for eight people and three dogs. Something that allows us to afford these high gas prices and to take our kids out more often than once in awhile. Something that allows those fun days of shopping with the kids rather than the nail biting ones as you see every dollar spent melting out of your budget.

Congrats Arnold Kim!

1 comments:

MoonStorm July 21, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Gawd, I have the same dream! Maybe is a few years? LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP