Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Saving the housing market with the housing bill

Well, the housing bill is just awaiting President Bush's signature and I'm not sure I like this bill. Is it really helping the individuals who need the help (and are my tax dollars paying for it?) or is it helping the large corporations (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac) more while our national debt just grows and grows?

My mortgage is going to be late this month. We don't have the money to pay it when it comes due on Friday after all the money we spent on gas getting my stepkids here and back from their state to ours two weeks ago and the extra food that two teenagers eat (wow!) when there hasn't been an hour of overtime in too long again. So, not only does our national debt go up but are our tax dollars paying to help pull somebody else's mortgage out of trouble while our own is late?

I don't want the government to bail us out. Our mortgage will be paid. It'll just be a few weeks late this month. However, I don't see the sense of bailing out huge corporations like Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with my dang tax dollars when my own mortgage is late! Maybe letting some large corporations falter is what we need to happen. In any event, I'd rather MY tax dollars go to pay MY mortgage and not somebody else's!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP