Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dog Gets Mauled and I Get Sick

Our dog, Sophie, is getting cranky in her old age. She has arthritis throughout her body so you can't really blame her. She is also hard of hearing now. It's sad.

Two days ago, she ripped into our one year old dog, Roxi, for either being near her food dish or trying to eat out of it (either will get her growling a warning to the dogs...not us). Roxi took one on the eye with Sophie's teeth. We thought it was just a scratch on the eyelid but it has started to get infected. I wanted to put neosporin on it but hubby said no. So I took her to the vet today instead. It is just a scratch and we have an ointment from the vet so she should be fine. It's a neo ointment. Gee, could've saved us a wad of cash if hubby had let me put neosporin on it huh?

Problem is...I am sick as a dog now. I am allergic to cats. I took our dog to a vet. A vet who sees cats. *sigh* I didn't think about it while I was there and sneezing constantly. I came home sneezing (and still am sneezing). I am a loud sneezer too (my kids actually yell to take cover before they run and hide when they hear a sneeze coming). I still didn't realize it until my husband put the vet and my sneezing and congestion together. I've never realized it in all these years (about 15 since I developed cat allergies) of taking our dogs to the vet, lol. Isn't that dense of me? (I know my sis will be VERY tempted to respond about just how dense I am but she can refrain:) Maybe I should've sent hubby with the dog to the vet since he was the one who didn't want me treating the scratch myself and saved myself all this misery...if I'd known.

So, my wallet is empty but the dog is fine. It's the human mom that is miserable now!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP