Monday, July 21, 2008

Who is Spamming Google Trends?

An article today on Shoemoney which lead me to TechCrunch caught my attention regarding the use of Google Trends and spammers manipulating it to have the search terms they want appear on Google Trends. I thought it worth mentioning here.

The article mentions several search terms that I happened to see the day they were up. I steered clear of the ones with swear words which ended up being the spammed terms. Go figure. One term in the article they say was spammy actually brought a rush of traffic to one of my sites so I guess a one and only "thank you spammers" for that one. Now quit being dorks and manipulating the search terms!

Lame! Why would people waste time doing this?

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP