Friday, May 30, 2008

Failed Hearing Test

My 1st grader failed her hearing test today at school. We knew she had hearing loss at the higher frequencies since she was a toddler (two sets of ear tubes back then to stop the infections which worked) but this was a failure at the middle frequency.

Her ears also overproduce wax, which the ENT clears out as needed. I'm not sure if this is too much wax down in her ear resulting in temporary loss or if she has lost more hearing. We are hoping it is too much wax and it is just a matter of a trip to the ENT to remove the wax (easy for me to say but painful for her:( So, I will be contacting her pediatrician and ENT next week.

I don't think there is ever a day that goes by that you don't worry about your kids. *sigh*

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP