Monday, May 5, 2008

Taking Care of Myself

I take my kids for their dental check-ups every six months and my daughter to her monthly orthodontic appointments. I always have, starting from a very young age for them. I think it is very important that they take good care of their teeth brushing regularly and having regularly scheduled appointments. I don't do that for myself. Why is it so hard for me to do that for myself? I go to the dentist about once every two years on average. The dentist says I have great teeth and are the strongest teeth he has seen. However, I know they won't stay that way if I don't take care of them better.

I make the excuse that I don't have the time with all the kids and trying to work every body's schedules, activities, etc. around my husband's ever changing schedule. I am the same way about medical appointments for myself too. When I find time, I don't want to be in the dentist's chair, lol. However, the truth is that I hate dentists. I am afraid of dentists. There, I said it! I am a big 'fraidy cat.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP