Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wee Willie Winkie

Wee Willie Winkie runs through the town,
Up stairs and down stairs in his night-gown,
Tapping at the window, crying at the lock,
"Are the children in their bed, for it's now ten o'clock?"


It's 11:20 p.m. here and my two year old is still awake. She is laying next to me watching Miss Spider's Sunny Patch Friends. She took a late nap today and slept for too long. I knew I should've woke her but she was so tired (and it was so quiet, lol). She has never been up this late before. I hope she goes to sleep soon because I am very tired myself.

2 comments:

Dette May 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Yep. We have nights like that, too. Oh - and I've tried the whole "wake him up before he sleeps too late" thing and man - it just makes him CRABBY.

So now, if Joel doesn't take his nap by a decent hour, we skip it. Like today! No nap, and I put him to bed at 8:30pm. Jake? He took a shower and went to bed himself.

I KNOW they've got to still be getting over the stomach flu - I can never get them to go to bed this early!

Syn May 9, 2008 at 8:35 AM  

Mine get crabby too! She wouldn't even eat dinner. I laid down next to her last night to cuddle her to sleep and she cried herself to sleep after 11:30 finally. She was so tired.

The only time my son goes to sleep without being told is when he is sick too. He's in 3rd grade and likes to push his bedtime limites when he can so I know when he's out in his room on his own, he is sick.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP