Friday, May 2, 2008

New Neighbors = New Problems


We had new neighbors move in two lots over from our backyard. In this picture, the line of evergreens in the very back of the picture is on their property (the line of evergreens on the left going towards the back are ours on one side of our lawn). It actually goes further back to the right but this is the only pic I could find, lol. It's like a huge park in our backyard with all the neighbors' yards like this. It's always been beautiful...until the new neighbors moved in.

They've been tearing around back there on their quads tearing up the lawn until all hours of the night. Ok, it is their property and I think they're not the brightest light bulbs to have as neighbors but the trees hide most of it (their trees) - not the noise but the sight. I should mention that we live in town too...not out in the country. Today, they started cutting off all the lower branches off all those beautiful evergreens from the ground to about four feet up. They made those beautiful, old trees look awful! Unfortunately, it also means I am going to not only hear them on their quads racing around without helmets on themselves and their kids, but I will be able to see them now too. It's their property though so I can only regret what they did to the trees and complain to myself about it.

Today their daughter, who is the same age as one of my girls, got mad when my daughter didn't want to play with her. They don't like this girl because she's mean and she hurt one of my other kids a week ago. She came into the yard a little while ago and wanted to play. They told her no. She got mad and said she was going to get her 20 year old brother to come beat them up (sure, that's the way to make friends). A neighbor said this 20 year old "brother" did intimidate one of the little girls who lives next door on a different occasion. I hear one of the kids screaming for me and come to the door to tell me what is going on and I go look out back and that ADULT "brother" is standing at the property line staring at my kids! I watch him for a minute from the door (to make sure I am really seeing what I am seeing and not overreacting) and he's just staring at them! NOBODY, especially an adult who should know better, is going to intimidate my kids! The nerve! I told the kids that if he steps foot on our property and causes problems, I would have him arrested; then I grab my shoes and cell phone and go outside to play with the kids. The kids are all singing really loud, "go mom, go mom" in that sing song voice. OK, that's probably not the best thing to do kids! The man saw me out back and went back to destroying those trees. I guess dealing with an adult isn't for him. He can only intimidate elementary kids.

If it happens again, I am calling the cops. I am also going to beef up the locks on my door. I didn't get a good feeling from this situation at all!

2 comments:

Dette May 3, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

OMG.

What a friggin' jerk. Good for you for stepping out there - and DEFINITELY call the cops if he comes back!

He must feel like he's "da man" right now - trying to stare down elementary kids.

I'm feelin' for ya!

Syn May 3, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

I know! I couldn't believe it either. His little sister and my daughter that told this classmate 'no, I didn't want to play with you' are first graders! She weighs no more than 40 lbs and here is this grown man staring the kids down and making them scream. Pathetic. He comes onto my property to cause trouble and I'll take a steel bat to his bits and see how manly he is when he's rolling around on the ground:)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP