Monday, May 26, 2008

Time is Flying

We are almost to the middle of 2008 already. Can you believe that? Can you believe the end of the school year is near? Pretty soon, we will be in the full heat of summer and planning for the next school year. There will be school supplies and school clothes to buy. Before you know it, summer will be over and the kids will be planning Halloween. Mine always do as soon as school starts. They start picking out their costumes before the heat of summer is even over!

One thing I am very disappointed in at that time of year is how the schools, and a lot of towns, take the fun out of Halloween for the kids by making it a harvest party and not allowing costumes. I like Halloween to be for my kids what it was for me - costumes, candy, trick or treating. Fun! I am sure you will hear me complaining about it on here in a few months as I do every year when the schools irritate me by taking all the fun out of it.

2 comments:

Dette May 28, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Oh no, no, no. Halloween is my MOST favorite holiday of the year. You're not allowed to celebrate at our house WITHOUT a costume.

We get crazy, maybe a little outta control. We're counting down the days to Halloween.

Not Christmas.

P.S. Glad to have you back!

Syn May 28, 2008 at 11:51 PM  

My hubby and I usually dress up too. The neighbors all give us candy too just for dressing up. They love it and I'm not going to turn down chocolate!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP