Friday, May 16, 2008

Ack! Oil Prices!!

Oil prices hit a new record high today of almost $128/barrel. Are you surprised? I am not. I don't see it going down either because people have to have it; there is no choice right now. If people are willing to pay (or have no choice to pay), why should they lower it? The record profits the oil industry is seeing is really irritating. Their pockets are lined with money while the general public's are lined with only lint after visiting a gas station.

Who the heck is going to do something about it? Nobody.

2 comments:

BenSpark May 16, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Syn,
Sadly I couldn't agree more. The speculation is that the price will get to $200 a barrel and gas prices here in the us will hit $10 a gallon. It is sad that when I drive to work and look at the gas signs I know I will never see prices as low as they are right now ever again.

Syn May 26, 2008 at 6:16 PM  

Oh gosh, I hope not! How awful. We paid $4.19/gallon the last few days and that really hurt. $96 to fill up my tank!! Raising six kids on a budget just became even more difficult.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP