Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Things Kids Do

My three-year-old daughter is busy amusing herself today - at other people's expense.

I decide to take a hot soak in the tub. The house is quiet - kids are at school and hubby is sleeping. The only one awake with me is my three year old. So I am sitting in the tub relaxing. I have my large, fluffy olive green towel hanging on the rack nearby ready for me to get out of the tub when I notice my daughter's nose is running. I am just about to tell her to get some tissue for her nose when she turns around before I can utter a word...can you guess? She grabs my soft, fluffy clean towel and swipes her nose with it! GRRRRR!

After my bath, I am brushing my teeth when she picks up her brother's Tooth Tunes toothbrush that plays Black Eyed Peas while you brush your teeth. (If you aren't familiar with these, you can hear the music through your mouth as you brush. Otherwise, the music is too soft to hear well in general.)


"That is your brother's toothbrush. Get your Dora toothbrush and brush your teeth."

Child proceeds to stick her brother's toothbrush in her ear to listen to the music. *sigh* Did I mention you can hear the music if you stick it in your ear? She figured this out months ago but I had thought she'd stopped doing this.

This isn't the first time she's done this as you can see from the picture at left that I took in January.

Funny things kids do!

Then, I am sitting down and this same little girl leans in for a hug. Awww, how sweet I think to myself as I lean to give her a hug. Then I feel a wet finger across my face and get a "ha ha aha ha" chant that kids love to do when they think they got you. Did this newly turned three year old plan this? Let's try it again...

She leans in for another soft hug which I give her. Then I see her sticking her finger in her mouth during the hug and reaching up for my face AGAIN! Then the "ha ha aha ha" chant with her laughing at me. Yup, this newly turned three year old planned it. She is doing her little chant, shaking her head back and forth with a big smile on her face, shaking her booty - just thinking she is all that to get her momma like that.

Should I be worried that my three-year-old can now plan on how to get momma? Did this new ability come with her third birthday this past Sunday?

2 comments:

Dette May 28, 2008 at 4:38 PM  

ROFL - she is quite the character! But that smile is just TOO sweet to pass up. Even if it IS slightly wicked. ;)

Welcome back from vacation!!

Syn May 28, 2008 at 11:48 PM  

Thanks! We had a relaxing vacation and the kids had a blast!

Trin knows how to be adorable so she gets away with WAY too much.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP