Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Trophies for Kids


Soccer season is winding down. My daughter has two more games and my son has a game and then tournaments start. At this level (peewee soccer, elementary age), all of the kids get trophies. I'm not sure what they do at the tournament level, like for my son, since this is the first time I've had a child in sports reach the age-level where they have tournaments. Some people have a problem with all the children receiving trophies and think only the winners should get trophies. At this age, I think it is great that the league does this for all of the kids. They certainly don't have to and for what we pay to have our children play, you know the price of these trophies are coming out of somebody's personal pocket. The kids try their best and put their little hearts into learning the game and having fun (even when you know by looking at some of the kids that they aren't very good, lol, but they're so adorable). I can see once kids get into junior high and high school why giving trophies to every player on all the teams wouldn't be right but when you have kids who are four years old, six years old, etc. playing, keeping it fun for them and letting them be proud of what they've learned is great.

So whether it is peewee soccer and soccer trophies or peewee football and football trophies, I say let the kids have fun and have that trophy to be proud of.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP