Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Illness Strikes Again

My three year old, who had the flu last month, now has something else. She's miserable with a high fever and some coughing. She is so out of it. She ran the fever through the night with fast breathing and fast heart rate. When she woke up this morning, she was trembling on top of everything else and just extremely "blah". Given how out of it she was, I decided to take her right into her pediatrician's walk-in clinic they have before normal hours. I carried her everywhere because she was woozy to walk. She fell asleep on the way there, in my arms at the doctor's office, and again on the way home. This is so unlike her (and she's sleeping now too). I hope her body is fixing these germs as she sleeps. We did get an antibiotic and I started her on that right away.

I hope she feels better tomorrow. I figure she'll miss her preschool Halloween party at school but trick-or-treat is tomorrow night here (instead of Friday, October 31st because that would make too much sense). She'll be devastated if her brother and sisters leave her behind to trick-or-treat. She picked out a beautiful little princess gown to be Barbie and with her long blonde hair, she'd make a great Barbie. The dress even lights up.

I hate seeing my kids this miserable:( I hope the others don't get this too. I probably will because when I was holding her and she had her head on my shoulder, she coughed and I was in the middle of talking - yup, germs right in my mouth. Yum! Eww!

I am supposed to get an ultrasound done tomorrow (no, I am not pregnant) looking for a reason for a lot of pain I've been in, but if she's still this sick, I guess I will be rescheduling it.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP