Monday, March 17, 2008

Useless Celebrities Kids Look Up To

I am genuinely disgusted with a lot of the younger Hollywood crowd. Don't these people realize that there are young girls who look up to them?

First you have Britney Spears who flashes her bits and loses her kids. She went from pop star on top to trash. What a fall. I hope she can pull herself up again. I just hope my kids don't become any more interested in whatever the heck is going on in her head and life right now.

Then you have little sister, Jamie Lynn, who all the tween crowd adores getting pregnant, my daughter included. Explain that one to my 11 year old daughter, which I had to do!! Thank you very much, Jamie Lynn Spears. I would've preferred to have this conversation with my daughter in another couple of years. I would've preferred to at least have waited until junior high school!

Let's see...Lindsay Lohan. Parties. Rehab. Another great person for younger girls to look up to.

Then you have Paris Hilton. I do not understand her popularity AT ALL. She became famous based on what? Her parents' money? A sex tape? Who knows. At least the other girls actually did something first to become famous - pop star, actresses. What did Paris do? She's a partier. She changes boyfriends like she changes underwear (unless she's like her pal Britney and doesn't wear them). If I hear "that's hot" ever again, I will yak.

I wish that some of these people would realize that with great celebrity comes great responsibility. You have all these parents taking their kids to see their movies and buying their cd's and then the celebrity turns around and basically flips them the bird by behaving like drunken fools. That's their "thank you" for helping to make them rich and famous?

I guess money doesn't make you happy. For them, it looks like it just makes them able to afford to be more stupid. That's my opinion.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP