Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Crazy Ohio Weather

Two days ago, I woke up to hear the birds singing outside and an expected weather forecast of 60 degrees. It actually reached 63, but who am I to say meteorologists are always wrong (well, I do that too but not in this instance because it was actually ok that they were wrong this time).

Yesterday, I woke up to near freezing temperatures and rain. Throughout the day, things went from bad to worse - the temperatures dropped, the wind picked up, and the rain fell heavier. When I left the house yesterday afternoon with my kids, this is what I came outside to:



Photobucket


Every branch on every limb of all our trees were frozen. The weight of the ice did this!

Today, everything is still frozen. The kids are out of school for a snow day. I don't hear the birds singing. I hear kids complaining because they want to go outside but I won't let them with everything ice outside. Boy, to hear those birds singing again would sure be nice. I am so impatient for spring.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP