Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Clothing For Sensitive Skin Like Mine



I have sensitive skin or more accurately, I have allergic contact dermatitis. When I say "sensitive" skin, I should say hyper-sensitive, highly allergic and highly opposed to coming into contact with anything for any length of time such as regular clothing and make up that I used to be able to wear. As you can imagine, this makes it uncomfortable to do everyday things like wear clothing. I get itchy and develop rashes wherever seams touch from my clothing. I don't want to be kept awake at night from itching skin any more. It's also not very attractive to have little, itchy rashes around your waistline and areas where bra straps touch. Real pretty huh? It's not. As a wife who enjoys feeling attractive for herself and her husband, this has been a huge source of discomfort for me. My husband is a sweetheart and is ok with it, but it really bothers me.

When I needed to find clothing that was functional and fashionable but hypo-allergenic for my sensitive skin, I wasn't sure where I was going to find such apparel. I'd never heard of it before though I knew I was in desperate need of it. Then I ran across a company called Cottonique, Inc.
Cottonique, Inc. offers apparel for people with sensitive skin. They use cotton that is 100% organic too. Skin friendly clothing for people like me! You can't imagine how happy I was to find them.

Check out some of their items (and there is even more on their web site):


  • Women's Hipster: A latex-free, textile dye-free, and resin-free hipster brief made from purified natural cotton. They have covered seams so there is no irritating rubbing.
  • Soft Cup Bra: No fasteners and flat/hidden seams. If you are allergic to latex, have sensitive skin, contact dermatitis, textile dye dermatitis, eczema, or psoriasis, you should really check this out.

They are not just providing clothing for women either. Cottonique, Inc. also offers clothing for men too.


I have finally found a company that makes products for skin like mine. I am so thankful for that!


Cottonique, Inc.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP