Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ants

We have ants in the house. Thankfully they aren't the big, black carpenter ants! We have the tiny brown ants that are coming in where the wall meets the floor in our living room off our garage. That tells me spring is coming (it also tells me I better get rid of them fast, lol). My daughter picks them up and smooshes them before throwing them away. I sweep them up. My two other kids just yell, "ants" while the baby yells, "ladybug" when she sees them. Everything is a ladybug to her.


So, I can use chemicals to get rid of them. I've also looked up some more natural methods and came across wiping counters down with vinegar and water and putting baking soda in the cracks where they are coming in. I'll probably do the baking soda since I have it on hand right now and they aren't on my counters so far.

Even more unfortunate is that it also means that the spiders are going to start to get active again which I really dread since I can't stand those things! I'd rather deal with ants than spiders.



0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP