Monday, May 18, 2009

Daughter wants to know about kissing...

My 12-year-old has a boyfriend. They are "going out." Yeah, going where? LOL.

He's come over here and she's gone for walks with him and her friends but that's the extent of their "going out" relationship. Her dad and I are still struggling a bit with the concept that she has a boyfriend and is holding hands with him. My husbands response when I told him about the holding hands stuff: "HELL NO."

This morning she comes to me before school and asks, "What happens if we kiss and our braces get stuck together?"

Just put me out of my misery now because the teenage years aren't going to get better! I can tell.

4 comments:

MammaDawg May 19, 2009 at 12:44 AM  

Ooh GUUUUUURL.

Reminds me of my 12 y/o son necking in the BACK OF MY VAN.

I'll have to blog about that one day.

Or maybe not.

All I can say is... good luck!!

Syn May 19, 2009 at 8:46 AM  

Making out already? Oh gawd...I don't want to even go there yet. It's too soon!!!

MoonStorm May 19, 2009 at 9:45 PM  

At least she's not afraid to come to you!

Syn May 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM  

Lisa, I'm happy she can come to me but there are times when I'd like to cover my ears and go back to when she was 5. I told hubz before we even had kids that I wasn't going to be like my parents and never talk about all the puberty/sex stuff. I want them to be able to. I know they're going to do things whether I want them to or not. I'd rather they be prepared than pregnant as teens. I just wasn't expecting it so soon. It doesn't seem that long ago that she was toddling around. The time flies by so fast. :(

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP