Wednesday, January 20, 2010

When to Stop Having Kids

My husband and I have decided that after six kids (our four and his two), that we are done having children.  We decided that after our youngest was born but we've said that before and then the urge hit.  With our youngest starting kindergarten in the next school year, I am mixed.  Part of me misses having a little baby but it's a very small part.  The bigger part of me is looking forward to not having anymore prenatal vitamins, pull-ups, bottles, and diaper bags to lug around.  I think once my little one gets into school all day, I will find that those extra hours of free time will squash that little urge for another baby. 

I can hope anyway.  My husband can hope as well because he's sure he's done having kids.  He said he doesn't want to be old and raising little ones.  When I see tiny babies out in public, the urge to hold and cuddle them is pretty strong.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP