Monday, January 4, 2010

Turn around and they all grow up!

My stepdaughter turned 17 over the holidays.  It is hard to believe that in one year, we will be thinking about graduation invitations and then college! She was just a little thing when I married her dad and now she's almost an adult with a long-term boyfriend and career plans. 

Next week, my oldest turns 13.  I have no idea what to do for her birthday in terms of a party.  It's 13.  It's a big deal.  We have to do something a little different than the norm for her but what?  I have no idea and not much time to figure it out. We're getting her another guitar for her birthday.  I do know that much.  We've had it in lay-away for awhile and she has no idea.  That'll be a good surprise for her. 

3 comments:

Golden Candles January 10, 2010 at 1:10 PM  

I know that feeling. My son will be 18 in July and I truly don't know where the time went. I look at his baby pictures all the time and wow just wow. I tell all young parents to enjoy it when they are little because you will blink and they are grown already.

Syn January 13, 2010 at 6:10 PM  

It's amazing how fast it happens. Next school year, we'll have a senior in high school and our youngest starting kindergarten. What a span in ages, lol.

Syn January 13, 2010 at 6:12 PM  

I noticed in your profile that you are going for your degree for paralegal. That's what I want to do! I started in several years ago and was good at it but the money ran out. It's hard to justify college for mom when we have six kids. I might try again when my youngest starts kindergarten in the fall. I don't think there is a school nearby who offers it though.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP