Thursday, January 21, 2010

I LOVE My New Doctor

The new doctor to handle my thyroid disease treatment is AWESOME!!  Finally a doctor who listens and thinks outside the little square box most family doctors and endocrinologists put themselves into when it comes to thyroid disease.  The things I practically begged my family doctor and endocrinologist for - that's all normal treatment options for him! 

I'll summarize:  He is raising my T3 and advised treatment for anemia and Vitamin D deficiency (the other doc wouldn't do a thing).  Instead of making me feel like I was asking for something detrimental to my health or like I needed drug rehab for wanting my T3 raised for my thyroid like the other doctor, I actually felt like crying a few times because I was so happy to have some hope that I may eventually feel good again!

Oh yeah, the rash I was complaining about - NOT hives.  It's eczema.  Hydrocortisone cream and raising my T3 should help my skin problem too.

I was gushing so much about how happy I was with this doctor, my husband asked me, "How old is this doctor?"  LOL.  Not within an age group you need to worry about, honey! 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP