Thursday, March 11, 2010

Weight, Thyroid, Diabetes

If you have problems losing weight no matter which diet pills you use, perhaps you need to look at your body chemistry to help those diet pills along. For me, my thyroid hormones being out of whack was the difference between my old self and the bigger me - 30 pounds bigger.  Getting those regulated is helping my weight come off (18.5 pounds so far).  I would have kept adding on the pounds otherwise and my doctors didn't believe me when I said I wasn't overeating.  My family doctor handed me a diet to follow and my endocrinologist told me to cut out pop and lose 25 pounds a year.  From adjusting my thyroid medication, the weight is coming off with no changes in eating habits. 

I read an article yesterday about Leptin as well.  It wouldn't hurt to have a full thyroid panel (TSH, T3, T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, Free T4) and Leptin done to make sure your levels are good.  Also, get a copy of those labs and post anonymously on a natural thyroid forum (yahoo has one) because some doctor's idea of "normal" isn't optimal or they are using old lab standards.  The article (in the Huffington Post entitled "Long Term Weight Loss - More Than Willpower?" by Kent Holtorf) mentioned Leptin and diabetes as well. Definitely something to look into! 

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP