Sunday, March 1, 2009

The In-Laws

We haven't seen my husband's parents since last summer. One thing after another came up last Fall and then winter was too bad where they live to dig themselves out to travel out of state. My littlest one sure is missing her Ma-Moo.

My father-in-law HAS to stay busy or else it drives him batty. So things get done at my house when he comes. He has installed kitchen cabinets, dishwashers, sinks, bathroom vanities, built decks and porches. He's like Bob Vila!

The wind storm a few weeks ago did some damage. One piece of damage was to my light fixture outside my front door. The wind pulled the top off of one of them and when it hit the cement, the top broke off. I am hoping to put two new light fixtures on his list when he comes to visit. I feel a little guilty about having work for him to do after he drives 5-6 hours to visit but he expects it (and needs it or else it drives him nuts to sit still). He is almost 80 but he still wants to go, go, go!

It's the only time I can get my husband to do any type of home improvements (he didn't get the "Bob Vila" gene I guess). He won't do any unless his dad is here!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP