Thursday, March 12, 2009

Do All Auto Mechanics Think Women Are Stupid & Mousy?

Why do some automotive mechanics try to rip you off? After spending almost $700 getting my bald and bulging tires replaced on my SUV (god did that hurt to give that money to them, lol), we took my husband's car in for an exhaust system and hood latch. It'd been sitting in the driveway for about six months waiting for us to get money (aka income tax, lol) to fix it. It was going to cost $150 for an exhaust system for it. OK. We can do that so we took it to them and then picked it up from them after their closing hours.

They charged us $150 and only replaced the muffler...not the pipes. WTH? So, I made a phone call to get some back up on muffler prices from other repair places. I called another muffler place and they said they would have charged $84.72 for just the muffler and labor. Back to the phone to the idiots who fixed the exhaust...I told them what was supposed to have been done (muffler and pipes) and what was done (just muffler). He offered to give us a break on another car repair. No, I want the price we were quoted to include what was quoted! Geez! (It's not like I will ever take our trucks back to them again after that anyway!). I reminded him of the price we'd just paid them for my SUV tires (hint hint...I have 30 days to change my mind and return them to you so do you REALLY want me to do that, lol). "We're so sorry. I can get the pipes in tomorrow and get it on for you. That price should have included the pipes." Ya think?

I may not have the same body part the mechanic man did and that may think that entitles them to try to take advantage, but it doesn't. What it did was made them lose all future business. Did they think because I was female, that I would just quietly accept it? They don't know me very well.

Next time, I will crawl under the car to look while they are open though so I can complain right then and there instead of picking the car up after closing hours and having to complain to them later.

TO ALL MALE AUTO MECHANICS: Being female doesn't make me stupid. Dumb ass.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP