Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour

Well, I missed it...didn't know what it was. If you didn't either, I'll tell you according to Wikipedia:


"Earth Hour is a global event organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and is held on the last Saturday of March annually, asking households and businesses to turn off their non-essential lights and other electrical appliances for one hour to raise awareness towards the need to take action on climate change. "

For being a world-wide event, it wasn't publicized very well. Apparently, from 8:30-9:30 p.m. last night (local time), people around the globe participated. I would have if I'd known. My kids, two of whom belong to their school's environmental team, would have liked participating.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP