Saturday, February 9, 2008

Voting for a President

Usually, I have some idea on who I want to vote for at this point. I lean one way or the other on who I hope will be in the primary election. Unfortunately, not this time. There is not ONE candidate that stands out to me as "the one" to vote for. I guess "apathetic" is the right term for me right now.

I do not categorize myself as Republican, Democrat, or Independent. My choice on who to vote for is twofold. 1.) I vote for who I feel is most closely campaigning according to my beliefs and is believeable (because let's face it - they're saying what they think you want to hear whether it is their truth or not); and 2) Who will do the least amount of damage in office.

At this stage, I don't know who that is. How disappointing.

Let's look at my feelings on a few of them...

Clinton ~ while I liked Bill in office (not his personal life obviously but the status of the country during his time in office), I won't vote for her just because she is a woman and I am a woman. That's a stupid reason to vote for somebody. My perception of her is that she is cold and I don't get a feeling of "trust". Besides, her husband cheated on her and she swallowed it with a smile. Ugh. I'm sorry but that doesn't seem "real" - even if she did put on a front for the public and lash him in private. In public, there should've been more emotion and she just didn't have it. She feels plastic to me.

Obama ~ not sure why everybody keeps calling him black. One parent was black and the other white, right (or am I wrong)? Does that make him black or white? Eh, what do I know about that. I don't. Not sure why it matters. I don't vote based on color. I don't know a whole lot about him and nothing draws me to find out more yet.

Huckabee ~ I liked watching him in an interview. He seemed a bit more real, however, I don't like the religious aspect and I'd worry he'd run the country with religion involved and I believe government and church should remain separate. Not sure he has the experience to run a country?

McCain ~ He seems a lot like Bush to me and I am tired of Bush being in office. I didn't feel like that in the beginning (about Bush) but "in the beginning" was a long time ago. I want change.

Romney ~ He just suspended his running so I guess he is a mute point at this time.

Paul ~ I know he seems more like a real person but experience? Crotch doctor for president...hmmm...different. That's change eh? I don't know enough about him either to make an informed decision yet. Maybe not being so much a politician is a good thing because politicians are generally liars:) When was the last time an Independent was elected for President?

Where I stand at this point? Disappointed, worried, apathetic. That's me. I am waiting to see what my final choices are going to be I guess (I hope that is what is it and I haven't become totally disillusioned and disgusted with every politician out there) and then will go from there I guess. I seem a bit lazy about this election don't I? It's not laziness, it's just there is nothing about one candidate that has stood out enough for me to get behind and the candidates are disappointing to me so far.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP