Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't get ripped off!

I received an unexpected letter and check from a "company" claiming they were hiring me for some secret shopping thing. Their letterhead stated their business as "Customer Service Survey Group Inc.". It said they were a secret customer employment firm. They sent a check for $2,775 with their request that I contact them right away to activate it.

DUH!

If you get a letter and check like this - RIP IT UP AND TOSS IT AWAY OR CONTACT THE AUTHORITIES.

I didn't cash it obviously. I know better than that. I also did a little research online to see if this was a common scan people had fallen for. My search brought up a few people who had been ripped off. Sad.

Don't fall for scams like this whether they come to you through email or through your mail box. Research before you do anything. There are a lot of scams out there. Dishonest people hoping to rip you off. Dishonest people hoping to prey on an elderly person or desperate mom or dad wanting to put food on their kids' table.

I've shredded mine and disposed of it. Somebody wasted a canadian stamp on me for that one.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP