Friday, February 8, 2008

My day...

I called my doctor for my thryoid lab results. I was told they had just mailed them to me (so I should see them tomorrow or Monday), but that they were all perfect. "Perfect." OK. Don't know what that means in terms of numbers but we'll see when the letter gets here. I guess it means my thyroid med dosage is good. Damn. Wish the stupid symptoms would go away then. I was so hopeful too... Maybe I'm being impatient though. I guess 6-1/2 years of symptoms can do that to a person:)

I took our daughter to the pediatrician today to find out the pediatrician's thoughts on why she kept falling asleep this week around the clock and was light sensitive with headaches. The pediatrician is stumped. She said it is "odd" but that she would wait to see if it happened again. The frequency of this second occurrence (1-1/2 years after the first occurrence) is odd and she'd hold off on scans and other tests unless it happened again. She doesn't think it is hormonal related. She didn't think the fatigue would be so extreme from hormones. She mentioned migraine but our daughter doesn't usually have headaches and didn't have them all the time thru all of this - just part of the time so that was ruled out. I had migraines when I was pregnant with our son (the only time I've had migraines which is how I knew we were having a son) and what our daughter was experiencing, while some similar symptoms, wasn't close enough to be migraines. (I really hope not because week-long migraines would really suck.) She had them (headaches) periodically this past week and because of the light. While we were there, we also had her look at her finger she hurt in basketball last night. Doc thinks she stretched a ligament and it is wrapped. If her finger isn't feeling better next week, she will see her again. She probably won't be playing in the game Sunday unless her fingers makes a rapid improvement.

My asthma has been giving me a problem everyday since I had the flu a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure what the difference is now but something has definitely changed for the worse. I haven't had this many problems with my asthma in years. That scares me a bit. The last bad asthma attack almost killed me my doctor said after my trip to the ER.

That's all for me tonight. I'm tired and am going to hit the hay. I have some thoughts on parents who know their kids lie and do nothing as well as parents who encourage their kids to lie but I'll save that for another time. I'm too tired to care enough to give that issue my time right now. I'd rather be sleeping, lol.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP