Thursday, February 14, 2008

My week in a blog.

DOCTORS

I've made an appointment with my doctor for tomorrow for my asthma. It's not getting better and it is very unusual for this to affect me like this since starting Advair a few years ago. It's a bit scary. So, I'll see my doc in the morning and find out what the heck is going on now.

I'll also get my actual thyroid and adrenal gland test results other than being told they are "perfect" on Monday like I was - I want NUMBERS PEOPLE!! I want to know what they consider normal or perfect and keep track of these things like a good, aware patient should.

I also have an appointment for my oldest to have her finger looked at again. It's still causing her pain and throbbing and it's now been a week since she injured it.

VALENTINE'S DAY

Valentine's Day was a good day for everybody in our house. Hubby surprised me when I woke up this morning with a big teddy bear, card, and chocolate. For our four kids, we bought them each their own baby box of chocolate and small, stuffed animal and a little dollar toy for each of them. For my stepkids, we sent them each a poster-sized collage of family pics of everybody that included them too. We also created a web site for my stepchildren with their own personalized domain name. We made a Valentine's Day page with lots of happy wishes and love posted on it for them from us. We didn't hear a word from them on it or at all about anything today. No big surprise (they rarely contact dad and never contact anybody else in the house) but still somewhat disappointing. Our four kids were so grateful and full of hugs. They were thrilled with what they got and we only spent about $5 on each of them. It's good to know we are raising our four kids to appreciate and be grateful.

EVERYTHING ELSE

Speaking of this web site, we created a private forum on there since my stepkids won't allow dad access to their myspace pages. It's perfectly safe as you need to register and be approved to view and post. Did they rush and register to chat with us? Nope. Despite being online several times today, nope. The reason given why we couldn't get on their myspace was that it was only for their friends and not even their mother has access per stepkid. That's not true, unfortunately. Disappointing to be lied to. Not only does their mother have access (as she should...as should dad!!), maternal uncle has access via his personal myspace page AND band page, as well as a friend of their mother's! Yet dad isn't allowed. We've sent friend requests several times and they are all denied. Soooooo, we thought - ok fine...we'll make this private forum so they can keep their myspace (even though I think dad should light into his kids for lying to him and being so disrespectful AND send a request to their mother to be added - he IS dad!!! It's not my problem though.) so we can chat with them in our own private space. No dice so far. Let's see if they register to come into our private forum created just for them anytime soon. *sigh*

Our two year old cut her hair a few days ago. Her first haircut was given by herself to herself by stealing a pair of (blunt tipped) scissors off the bed that my daughter was using for homework and snip-snip.

I was woke out of a dead sleep at 3:00 a.m. this morning to hear somebody coming in the house! It turns out that hubby came home last night at 3:00 a.m. early because he was sick. It's a good thing I figured out who he was before using the bat on his skull!! My first instinct when I hear somebody coming into the house, at an unusual time for anybody to be doing so, was to grab my bat and be ready to swing to protect my kids. I figured it out before having to meet hubby with the bat. Good thing for his skull! A freaked out, dazed from sleep, mother wanting to protect her babies and wielding a bat is NOT a good thing to meet at 3:00 a.m. Though I know I could use it if I had to. I have no problem protecting my own. It's good to know that when it came down to it, I didn't freeze up.

I spent a few hours today putting pictures in albums. I've only done three years so far (I take a lot of pictures). That leaves my childhood pictures all the way up to the year 2000 with marriage and kids and then from September 2004 - present to print and put in albums. I've only done 2001 - 2004 so far. I have a lot of work ahead of me.

I was notified this week that I've had a couple of product reviews approved for publication. So, that's cool!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP