Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Need a Flute

Anybody have any suggestions on where to get a good flute (for a senior first chair) that won't cost an arm and a leg but will only be used about six months? My senior daughter's flute is done. No matter how many times we take it to the band shop, it never comes out working right. I think too many years of rain soaked games (in marching band) has totaled it.  With concert band starting in a few weeks, my daughter is going to need a new flute if she wants that first chair and the solo again.

I dread the purchase though. It's for only six months use! That's a lot of money for six months. I guess we have another daughter who plays flute and could use it but her current flute already works just fine!

I'll look on ebay but you  never know what you're going to get there (and their fees are OUTRAGEOUS anymore). I'll check out Musician's Friend too. We've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years and I trust their merchandise. I just hate to buy a brand new flute for only six months use. If you're interested in Musician's Friend, check them out.  Learn more about us at MusiciansFriend.com.

Maybe we'll just rent one for the six months and be done with it. We don't need another flute in the house once my senior daughter graduates. My middle daughter has her flute, my son plays drums, and our youngest daughter has decided to start drums next year. No more flutes necessary. Ugh.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP